Sunday, February 22, 2009

Small World

I've been meaning to tell this story for a while, but I haven't had the pictures to prove it until tonight. So! Last Friday, we went cross country skiing, and I was set up on a blind date with a friend of a friend. Turns out that my date's family just happened to be in the foreign service, and also just happened to live in Egypt for a few years, and just happened to live there when Ashley and Brandon were there, and just so happened to be in their branch and happened to take them to the pyramids, etc, etc. Do you remember the (sic) Magleby's? Or their daughter Marie?

She congratulates you on getting the job, by the way.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley and Brandon are in Missouri and not checking blogs, but I know they remember the Maglebys. I believer her dad was branch president. Way cool! I'll alert the Sherwoods to your posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we do remember the Magelby's - Marie's father did the job that Brandon will be doing (well, after 10 years). Marie actually gave me a job that she was doing before she left to go back to the States, and Brandon saw her in the mail room when she was going on her mission to Japan. We were just talking about emailing the Magelbys the other day. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete