Tuesday, March 3, 2009

For there is nothing either good or bad,


But thinking makes it so. Finished today, the 31rst of February, and therefore completely in accordance with aforementioned goal. However, I refuse on principal to make an in depth critical analysis, as 1) I believe this might be one of the most critically analyzed works ever and 2) my bare essential understanding of the text does not allow me sufficient leverage to make an attempt. It was fun to read, though, as reading Shakespeare is like reading code, so it's a 150 page puzzle. Moreover, I can reference all sorts of fun quotes, like that one, and understand their context. It makes me feel smart. And that, friends, is what its all about.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Makes me (almost) want to read it. You're right about becoming aware of references, kind of like after watching "Casablanca" and realizing how many sayings come from it. Keep up the good work!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete