Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sam in Real Life

I have decided to stop posting things that are out of the ordinary, exciting and interesting and instead publish what Sam's life is REALLY like. For those who are not in the know, my major is mechanical engineering which does not tend to lead to much conversation.
Someone asks me what my major is, I reply, and they say...
a) Oh, ok, I know someone in that major (but I never see them)
b) Uh, Cool ........
c) ......... (grasshopper chirping)
Lets be honest, as far as physics and math is involved, unless you have two geeks together there's not going to be much to discuss. "Moments... vectors... yeah..."
So, without further ado, my life this week included:

Statics!

Calculus/Linear Algebra!

Failing Statics Tests!

Physics!

Attempting To Model Toy Boats in CAD!
This last one will probably continue to dominate my life for the next three days. Looks deceptively simple, but those little curves can demolish your soul.

7 comments:

  1. GAH! No jokin' on that last post. I tried (unsuccessfully) for an hour and a half to model a kitchen sink for my drafting II class project. Stupid non-intersecting faces.
    What CAD program are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, failing tests is not an indicator of future life failure. I failed an entire class in college. (That's what happens when you don't show up for the final. . . funny story. . .)

    And also many exams. Once I got 3 pity points for drawing such an awesome cartoon of me burning my biochemistry textbooks and two missionary molecules converting a carbon molecule. TAs do have senses of humor!

    Anyway. I don't envy you. Ben's heading down the same path and I'm glad he's excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the joys of CAD. Those curves really will demolish your soul. At least you're doing something a little more interesting then placing toilets, outlets and doing lighting schematics. Those were the days. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Failed a Statics test??!!! How could you?!! How dare you??!!

    What's a Statics?

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Statics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statics

    Mike: Inventor, Catia, and NX.

    Sherwood's: H*** no.

    ReplyDelete